Find Out More
- About BeamWise, Inc.
- Biophotonics magazine's in-depth interview with Dr. Vacca
- BeamWise at BiOS Expo 2014
- BeamWise highlighted in Photonics Media's news clip from Photonics West 2014
- "Automated Design Tools for Biophotonic Systems" by Dr. Vacca at OPTO 2014 Conference
- BeamWise Launched
- BioOptics World runs a feature article on BeamWise partnership
- BeamWise partnership announced
Product Tour Videos
Automating Optical System Design
BeamWise™ is a set of software tools and related services for the design of biophotonic and other complex optical systems. BeamWise is implemented using Design++, a knowledge-based engineering platform that significantly simplifies the capture of in-house engineering expertise and streamlines integration of legacy systems into design automation and product configuration solutions.
Cost and Time of Development Cycle
Just like in other design domains, the cost and time of development cycle is a significant problem in optical system design; making sure the development is completed on time and budget while still meeting system specifications. The problem is a result of
- Poor predictability of instrument performance
- Inefficient design rework
- Costly prototype iteration
- Time consuming documentation of design history
Working with BeamWise
With BeamWise, an instrument developer can intuitively and concisely define an optical system; the software automatically produces a detailed system design, visualizes it in a 3D CAD model, and generates fully annotated and dimensioned 2D drawings and a parts list (bill of materials) for implementation using real optomechanical components. Furthermore, BeamWise lets developers immediately review the design, before a sample is created, and any changes they want can be implemented instantly.
BeamWise as a Service
BeamWise is also offered as a service engagement, which provides an easy, risk-free evaluation of its capabilities.
We start by working together on your optical system design to define input data for BeamWise using your:
- Optical simulator results
- Functional flow diagram
- Optomechanical component data
Next, we will run BeamWise on your input data to automatically generate:
- 3D CAD model in your favorite CAD format
- Fully annotated and dimensioned 2D drawings
- Parts list (bill of materials) for implementation
Finally, we will review BeamWise produced results together. Any changes are fed back to BeamWise to update the results instantly.